Doctolib is the fastest & largest ehealth startup in Europe. We are building life-changing healthtech products for patients, doctors and hospitals.
In only 5 years, we have raised over 200 millions euros from investors, and acquired the unicorn status!
Our company is now strong of 800 Doctolibers , including a great tech team of 100, working in our tech HQs in Berlin and Paris.
Contribute to improving the healthcare system
Build a company of thousands people sharing our humanistic values, where they can grow and have high impact through their work.
Our products in a nutshell
For patients : we offer a free online service to find & book appointments with a doctor/praxis nearby, in a few clicks, 24/7! The service now has 35 millions users per month, in France & Germany.
For doctors and hospitals : Doctolib is a new generation of software for medical practices and hospitals. It reduces time spent on administrative tasks and improve the quality of life at work. In less than 5 years we achieved a network of 85 000 Doctors and 1400 hospitals/clinics.
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with senior leadership experience – a great people manager, who still has passion for high-quality coding!
- Scale-up and manage a team of full-stack Developers (5 to 9), being a servant mentor and a hands-on functional sparring partner.
- Collaborate to the roadmap planning, ensure your team delivery in quality and time. You will have end-to-end ownership of the team’s products and features.
- Be the coach your team members, through training and the creation of personal development plans.
- Collaborate to maximize efficiency and effectivity between the tech centers in Berlin and Paris.
- Improve the performance in production to support Doctolib in its high growth.
- Ensure in collaboration with HR that we’re hiring the best candidates in the market.
- Experience in leading development teams (at least 3 developers) at least 2 years’ experience.
- Technical background as a full-stack Developer, working on back-end functionalities on MVC framework.
- Experience managing projects, with the ability to adapt to the most efficient technologies to solve a problem.
- Willingness to develop super robust and secure products.
- Enthusiastic user of eXtreme programming practices(code review, pair programming, TDD etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in English.
What do we offer?
- An Agile product development environment and an international team sharing common values
- A tailor fit ramp-up program for your role, with more than 30 sessions.
- Invested in self-development: participation in conferences such as EuRuKo Conf & ReactEurope; free time dedicated to preparing talks for meetups and conferences.
- A leadership academy to support you in improving your managing capabilities.
- Exchange program between Berlin and Paris to foster a strong collaboration between the technology centers.
- A great office in the heart of Berlin!
- Team events : DoctoParties, Docto Monthly Meetings, DoctoBeers, DoctoWeek-ends..
- The opportunity to revolutionize a whole industry!