You are developer by heart but also interested in managing people? You are experienced in frontend and backend developing? You’ve already successfully managed small or mid sized teams? You’re looking for something that has a positive impact on the lives of millions of people? Then join us to revolutionize the healthcare sector! Doctolib is looking for an engineering manager to join its growing and dynamic technical team in order to keep offering an amazing service to doctors and patients. We’re a french-german company with more than 800 people and more than 100 are working in the tech team which is distributed in our HQs in Paris and Berlin.
Who we are?
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is the fastest growing and largest ehealth startup in Europe. For patients, Doctolib is an online free service which enables them to find a nearby health practitioner, book appointments 24/7 within a few clicks and manage medical bookings. For doctors and hospitals, Doctolib is a software with a full-range of services dedicated to improve their day-to-day organization, develop their practice, build a premium patient experience and allow them to collaborate more easily with referring doctors. We commit to deliver user friendly tools & services with the goal to improve people’s health and quality of life of people working in healthcare. We are particularly focused on building an organisation where people thrive, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
Doctolib in a nutshell (as of Jan. 2019)
- We collaborate with 80.000 doctors and 1400 healthcare facilities including some of the most important hospitals in France (AP-HP) and Germany.
- We gather 34 million patients on our platform each month with a significant growthWe are 800 Doctolibers located in 35 offices (France and Germany) with our headquarter in Paris.
- We have raised over €200m from Accel Partners (investor in Facebook, Spotify, Dropbox…), Bpifrance (Sigfox, Withings, Parrot), Kerala Ventures, Eurazeoand and some entrepreneurs (Nicolas Brusson (BlaBlaCar), Pierre Kosciusko-Morizet (PriceMinister), Ludwig Klitzsch (CoMedicum), Bertrand Jelensperger (TheFork)…).
- Building and managing a team of fullstack developer which are covering frontend and backend responsibilities
- Active participation in the roadmap planning and ensure a delivery in time and qualityCreating and maintaining reasonable team KPIs/KQIs
- Train and foster your team (e.g. continuous coaching, individual development plans)
- Taking end-to-end ownership of the team’s products and features
- Collaborate with product owners and other engineering managers to maximize effiency and effectivity between the tech centers in Berlin and Paris
- Be a hands-on functional sparring partner and a supportive mentor for your team
- Ensure in collaboration with HR that we’re hiring the best candidates in the market
- Be the first technical contact point for internal stakeholders and external partners
- Improve the performance in production in order to support Doctolib in its high growth
- You’re experienced in leading development teams (with more than 3 developer) for longer than 3 years
- You worked as a fullstack developer for more than 5 years (ideally mastering a MVC framework and working on backend functionalities)
- You’re experienced in managing projects (at least on a technical level to be in charge of time and quality of the delivery)
- You are able to adapt to the most efficient technologies for a given problem
- You have a solid understanding of the business challenges of your company
- You want to develop super robust and secure products, you think that everything should be tested and you are convinced that eXtreme programming practices are a must (code review, pair programming, TDD, …)
- You are user-oriented and you have a very good product sense
- You are a team player, a functional sparring partner and a passionate mentor
- You are fluent in English
What do we offer?
A team of 800 amazing people, passionate about a common project. An agile product development environment and an international team. A tailor fit ramp-up program for your role, with more than 30 sessions. Time and budget for self-development: participation in conferences such as EuRuKo Conf & ReactEurope; free time dedicated to preparing talks for meetups and conferences.
A management academy to support you in improving your managing capabilities. Exchange program between Berlin and Paris to foster a strong collaboration between the technology centers.
A great office in the heart of Berlin!
A few DoctoParties, DoctoMonthly Meetings, DoctoBeers, DoctoWeek-ends..
The opportunity to revolutionize a whole industry!
The job is located in Berlin!
The 5 Core Values of Doctolib: the « SPAAH »
- Service: Delivering an outstanding service.
- Passion: Being passionate and creating fun.
- Ambition: Being ambitious, with no limits.
- Attack: Being determined.
- Humility: Being humble and sensitive to others.